Silverwalkers Quest Notes 2011-03-05
From Sourcebook Wiki
In Our Last Episode
- Lizardman leader tells us that ridding the temple of its evil would give him control over the Dragon Turtle protectors
- Mose then gets it into his head that they have to go fight the evil guy in the dome.
- Party buffs him to high heaven and runemaker helps him through the dome.
- Gentle breeze inside the dome, large willow tree, impossibly large tree. 65ft across, 100ft tall
- (Out of character we know the elf is Adrillathellior Teldandilion)
- Epic battle ensues, Silverwalkers are victorious!
- Some loot found and ID'd
In this Episode
- Party decides to leave the temple to go see Lizardman leader.
- Displacer beast beatdown!
- uses sojourner teleport to get out of grapple when Displacer Lord begins to run off into the swamp with him.
- 4 charges left
- Displacer Lord tries to run off with , but a magic missile prevents such a fate.
- They (beasts) are killed!
- 1000 xp for level 8s
- 750 xp for level 9s
- Found 2446 gold
- Found 1258 silver
- Party Rest at lair
- Back at Lizardman camp
- Shaman says he might eventually be able to control the turtles after months, will possibly require some sort of major offering to rouse the turtles.
- Turtles currenly gone back dormant
- Have become Turtle Tribe, abandoning their veneration of the Hydra. Will be moving to the temple.
- Lizardmen are interested in becoming allies of Wydmoor now
- Will escort city parties through the swamp, helping to keep the city supplied through Sherdam and the Banditlands, though the thieves guild will be basically in control of this.
- We open discussion with
- We tell him of our success
- Could return to the city, through the back entrances
- Egg has gotten access to the war room (by forging a letter of introduction from Germain, et al.)
- Odessans have been causing diseases on the poor refugees!
- The culprits are basically known, but the Wraiths and City are unable to get relief through the seige lines, and the camps are too weakned and disorgainized - especially with dead - to do much.
abandoned the council when his mother died.
- left when he was angry that the Wraiths refused to release soldiers to try and break the lines to get aid to the camp
- Left the council with his dog, snuck through lines, and gathered his dog riders to become supply line raiders
- As they are being supplied out of the camps, this puts the camps at risk of reprisals.
- She died of disease! (Befoulers, 8 days ago)
- Caught multiple diseases and died from onset before she could cast the Remove Diseases.
- is cold logical about it, and this angers
- is very sad and sobbing about it
Return to Wydmoor
- Party heads back to Wydmoor
- We avoid all patrols!
- stays in abandoned watch tower
- Party goes into 's home
- Mat the raven tells us about
setting up defenses
- Mostly absent from the war room since Silverwalkers left on their mission
- Iron and Clay Golems came with the Mage's Keep, work for Magius
- Mat doesn't know much about the political status of the town and is actively disinterested.
- We go to the Non-tunnel into the cathedral into the city
- We only encounter golems (friendly): Iron, Clay
City Research (Azure Geese, etc)
- Party is in the city, researching, etc.
- , stay in the temple and pray. reviews inventory for tithing.
- tithes all the party's tapestries to the church
- Azure Geese and receive news/info:
and company visit Egg and the
- Egg has converted 's apartment into a small office/library.
- Built up a 2700 gp tab in
's name using forged IOUs.
- Was only given one weeks worth of operating capital (300gp) when Germain left. Bought up a *ton* of books from desperate refugees.
- Recommend trading food/weapons for artwork for long-term profit ("I don't know how you feel about war profiteering, but. . . " were his exact words)
- Azure Geese has 13 people in town guard, 40% our people, 40% thieves guild people, 20% others
- They stopped sending grain to the refugees because the siege lines surround Wydmoor on 3 sides.
- From Egg's Bag of Books
- alumni almanac for unrekti university
- Melkior was a graduate from Ubrekti University ~200 years ago
- Not named by exact same name, around that time though, there was a tale of a Melkior Necromancer (skilled) in Wydmoor which led to a 6-month servitor incursion of the region. Lots of hobgoblins came in town and attacked until Melkior vanished. Egg surmised this.
- Tells Egg about prismatic wall
- We leave our stuff with Egg to appraise, head to Castle Wydmoor
- thinks the long-term goal is to find some way to beat the Odessans badly enough to draw concessions
- thinks we need an indirect/direct way to make them withdraw and thinks that's enough of a goal
- Law in the city right now:
- Uneasy truce between the factions
- Only noble in the War Room is Burghur, and he contributes little.
- Whatever is going on with the Monied/Gentry Factions is happening off the radar.
- Nobles and Gentry negotating/martialing troops waiting for the seige to resolve?
- Bloodletting? New Coalition? Outcome uncertain.
- Post-Siege Power Vaccuum likely.
- Theives' Guild likely to be strongest single faction, as they will now doubt be entrenching and growing wealthy as the primary suppliers during the seige
- Unknown what the new Landed Powers coalition will look like. has his foot in the door with a somewhat marginalized noble family.
- The guards are keeping marshal law
- Specifically guarding the bank, which is closed, and the granary. The Warrens are a dark, empty wasteland. Most public business has ceased.
- Curfew in effect. Severe regulations in place. Morale in the city is also pitiful.
- Food is given out in daily rations to all city residents. Access to the refugees is generally considered to be too dangerous to attempt.
- Uneasy truce between the factions
- War room basically calls the shots now. How the new government will be constituted is unknown, and not much thought about at the present.
- Councils of important people
- - Hadriarch, Head of the Church in Wydmoor Region, and currently his cathedral is the only active church left in Wydmoor.
- - Councilwoman, Merchant & Pawnbroker
- - exmayor and current councilman, local entrepenuer, owns two brickworks
- - thieves guild rep, former Guardsman colleague of Germain's
- - interim sheriff, long time guard captain heh
- - Councilman and Guild Master, was the Mayor's man & is firmly in the camp of the landed gentry.
- - Leader of the Bog Wraiths
- - Retired Leader of the Bog Wraiths, Main Advisor to Ralth
- Magth mercenary make a deal
- Was probably promised a lot of stuff after the war to help us
- Also a skilled engineer in his own right
- His job was to be a runecrafter to make passageways into city for sabetuers
- He made passageway stones for a small party
- He does know that there is a mole active in Wydmoor, who has highest access
- Morale is pretty low in Odessan camps, but high among officers
- Hobgoblins have abandoned Odessans and have taken to harrassing Odessan supply lines
- Poisoned food stores and traps at Yalmrinth did not go over well with the troops
- Troops see this as a war of uncertain purpose and objective
- As of a few days ago, lots of halfling dog riders began attacking supply lines
- Command still very confident that they can win the siege
- Odessans have intimate knowledge of cities defences, preparations, command structures thanks to highly placed mole
- No reason to believe Mole is still not providing information to the Odessans, possibly even a member of the War Room
- Since we poisoned food supply, they started plaguebombing refugees
- There is an infiltration team of clerics and wererats in the sewers slowly poisoning the water supply of Wydmoor
- No more teleporting, so they went through sewers using runestones.
- Lots of wydmoor citizens fled after the fire were unable to return, meaning less filth is going into water already.
- Otyughs keep the water clean in the sewers, unclear where they come from or how they are replaced
- Odessans sent in a bunch of clerics to purify the towns water
- Otyughs will die when the water supply is cleaned-up, then the Clerics can leave and the water will become befouled!
- Since population is reduced by at least 50%, there is also not nearly as much filth going into the sewers, making the job that much easier
- ( Egg can tell you about Otyughs: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/otyugh.htm )
- They will likely have reduced attribute scores due to persistant starvation
- They may or may not be hostile to the party.
- Killing Otyughs, even ones that attack you, is NOT part of the plan!
- The party soon meets in the war room and prepares to talk a bit with the council.
- In Wave, Council RP might be easier there: https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:wave:googlewave.com%252Fw%252BuFp_FQ9JA.5
Final GM message
- Selling in Wydmoor during seige
- Can sell art only at 25% of book value for it at present
- Can sell items at 120% of list price for magic items and weapons
- Can buy chain mail at price ~150%
- End game XP
- Swamp Mission Accomplished: 1000 XP
- Turncoat Acquired!: 250 XP
- Roleplaying Award: (10%)
- Introspective Roleplaying Award: (5%)
- : Don't forget all your shadow XP!