|masterwork composite longbow
Gub is a monk who has been living in a monastery deep in Ulan named the House of Green Hobs. She likes drinking blood and sleeping in, and hates strawberries. She has been sent on a Quest to find "the teacup behind the red door." This is her first time traveling very far from the monastery. She is a devout monk and is very strict about following the laws of her order. Other than that, she has a very neutral outlook on life, not having the same ideation of good/evil as the rest of the world.
Gub wears a red robe with leather sandals.
About the House of Green Hobs
The House of the Green Hobs is a noble order of hobgoblins who have risen above their goblin nature and strive to live by a strict code of rules that separate themselves from the more bestial nature of the goblins. They were founded by a hobgoblin 400 years ago who was visited by constant dreams of Alexandria, and who laid down the strict laws for the order. That Hobgoblin, named Blurg, was tutored by the run-away daughter of Hamus Tramphren, a monk at the University of Fresia. Myra Tramphren tried to teach Blurg all she knew about the church of Alexandria, but much of the teaching was corrupted.
Myra Tramphren taught Blurg ten koans. The Rules of Rising Hob are a literal interpretation of these koans, and the Green Hobs believe that fulfilling the koans gives them the power to transform the world around them into a peaceful place.
The Ten Koans that Myra Tramphren taught to Blurg are these. The "Ten Cones" that Blurg learned are as follows:
- Drink your drink as fast as you can.
- Only carry people on the road.
- The Evil One is happy when you believe in gold.
- You must speak loudly when talking to the wise.
- Always blame things on the one who asks the most questions.
- Ride a wild horse to escape the army.
- Everyone likes strawberries!
- Next time, blindfold the elephant.
- Don’t ask someone else to punish a thief, just do it yourself.
- The only thing that exists is anger.
SPOILER: Gub's Character Sheet